Ha Long Bay and Son Doong Cave were named among the most beautiful places by GlobalGrasshopper
Ha Long Bay and the Son Doong cave have been named among the top 10 of the most breathtakingly beautiful places to visit on the planet by the global travel website GlobalGrasshopper.
Located 165 km from Ha Noi, the capital of Viet Nam, Ha Long Bay is an area comprising 1,600 islands and islets.
The majority of these land masses have not been touched by humans and have managed to retain their beauty since their creation. It is this that enabled it to be listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, GlobalGrasshpper said.
Meanwhile, located approximately 500km south of Ha Noi, the Son Doong cave, the largest in the world, is more than 200m wide, 150m high, and about 9km long. It houses a jungle and a river, and could fit a 40-storey skyscraper within its walls.
For centuries, men have mulled upon the existence of hollow Earth – a theory that states that the Earth is hollow. If hollow Earth did exist, than the Son Doong Cave would be a testament to its existence. The cave is so large that humans exploring them would look like ants. The Son Doong Cave is evidence of the world’s beauty, inside and out, the website said.
- Ha Long Bay and Son Doong Cave were named among the most beautiful places by GlobalGrasshopper
- Promoting Sustainable Tourism in Halong Bay
- Developing craft village tourism in Viet Nam
- Ha Long Bay is selected Top 10 Valentine’s Day Retreats by National Geographic's travel site
- Vietnam tourism is looking forward to receiving 8 million foreign visitors in 2014