Discover the splendors of Halong Bay aboard the Halong Ginger Cruise, a wooden junk that combines classic beauty with modern comfort. Measuring 38 meters (125 feet) in length, this newly built, custom-designed yacht features three decks that house an elegant restaurant, two bars, a small library, and a massage room—plus ten luxurious sleeping cabins. With so much space, passengers can truly unwind and enjoy the bay’s magnificent scenery.
While all those who visit Halong Bay are charmed by the archipelago’s beauty, few visitors are aware that the three-thousand islands that dot this bay are home to many rare plants, including species found nowhere else in the world. We chose our boat’s name—Halong Ginger—because, like the plant it was named after, our junk is perfectly suited to this environment. With its golden sails, polished woodwork and refined, Asian décor, the Halong Ginger offers an unforgettable ambiance of relaxed elegance. Join us, and see Halong Bay in style.
Measuring 38 meters (125 feet) long and 8 meters (23 feet) wide, our custom-built wooden junk features three decks, all outfitted with elegant Asian inspired decor. The lower deck is devoted to Passenger Cabins, with sleeping space for 20 people. The Reception, Restaurant, Ginger Bar, Gift Shop and Library are all located on the main deck. On the top deck passengers will find the Sunset Bar and a spacious lounge area, perfect for our morning Tai Chi classes, weekend BBQs and sunset cocktails.
Guests are welcome to make use of our binoculars, snorkeling equipment, and top-of-the-line Canadian made Seaward kayaks.
Why choose Ginger Junk Cruise
• Ginger Junk Cruise is the first property in Halong Bay of Heritage Line Company who runs a fleet of the most distinctive luxury boats in the Southeast Asia.
• The boat is designed that reflects the desire of high-end customers – luxury, boutique, unique, comfortable.
• Upon boarding the Ginger Cruise you will automatically feel transported back to a moment in time.
• The service was impeccable, the staff friendly, helpful, knowledgeable
Lounge Restaurant Ginger Cabin Ginger Deluxe Bathroom Sundeck Sundeck floor plan Upper deck floor plan Main deck
|Electricity||220 V, 50 Hz|
|Cabin size||Deluxe: 16m2
|Star Rating||4 stars|
While the view is undoubtedly the best feature of each of our ten guest cabins, guests will also appreciate the rooms’ tasteful décor and furnishings. To complement the bay’s natural beauty we have outfitted the cabins in natural materials: wood floors covered with sedge mats; walls covered with woven bamboo panels; and ceilings decorated with bamboo panels hand-painted with a ginger motif. The standing shower, meanwhile, features mosaic tiles in Ginger flower patterns.
Ginger Deluxe: 02 cabins
02 Ginger Deluxe rooms, 16 sqm with double queen size bed and 03 panoramic windows. The natural marble bathroom is together with deluxe amenities: Panoramic windows; Minibar; Air â€“ conditioner; In house phone; Deluxe amenities; Linen bedding; Glass standing shower; Wardrobe; Cotton bath robe.
• Location: main deck
• Cabin Size: 16 sqm
• Bedding: 01 queen-size bed: 160cm x 205cm
• 03 panoramic windows and marble bathroom en suite
• Connecting rooms are available for family.
Ginger Rooms: 08 cabins
08 Ginger Rooms, 14 sqm with 02 panoramic windows. The natural marble bathroom is together with deluxe amenities. Connecting rooms are available for family!
Amenities: Panoramic windows; Minibar; Air – conditioner; In house phone; Deluxe amenities; Linen bedding; Glass standing shower; Wardrobe; Cotton bath robe. • Cabin Size: 14 sqm
• Location: first and main deck and upper deck
• Bedding: Twin beds: 110 cm x 205 cm
• 02 panoramic windows and marble bathroom en suite
• Connecting rooms are available for family.
• Bathroom with rare marble tiles
• Bathrobes and amenity kit
• Hot shower with standing glass cabin
Room Amenities (all room types)
• Individually controlled air-conditioning
• Electric shaver outlet
• Bath robe
• Fire extinguisher / Smoke detector
• Umbrella/raincoat at the reception
• Separate glass standing shower cabin
• Life vests
• Safety box
• Bathroom amenities
• Make-up shelf
• Stocked mini-bar/snack
• In-house phone
• Hot water
• Hair dryer
Services and Facilities
• Luggage store facility
• Doctor on call
• IDD at the reception
• Dial-up internet at the reception
• 24 – Hour security
• Safe deposit box at reception _
• Conference & meeting facilities
Dinning at Ginger Restaurant
A pleasant ambiance, attentive staff and great views make our restaurant the perfect place to sample the exotic delights of Vietnamese cuisine. Guests can look forward to lavish international breakfast buffets, casual, sit-down lunches of Vietnamese dishes, and formal dinners with delectable fusion cuisine. All dishes are prepared to please both the eye and the palate. Special BBQ dinners are served on the Sundeck on weekends, or upon a group’s request.
With its comfortable lounge chairs, fresh breeze and dazzling views, the Sundeck invites guests to lie back and relax. Featuring an impressive range of cocktails and an easy, relaxed ambiance, the Sunset Bar is a delightful place to socialize and watch the sun sink behind the bay’s myriad islands.
Bar & Lounge
Located in the Restaurant, this cozy bar features silk chairs, embroidered décor. A wide variety of wines and cocktails is available.
The Massage Room
Infused with the scents of lemongrass and fresh herbs, the bay view massage room provides the ultimate escape, allowing guests to enjoy a traditional Vietnamese massage in the midst of the bay’s beauty.
• Sunrise Tai Chi classes: Greet the day with a morning Tai Chi class, held-weather permitting-on the open-air Sundeck.
• Kayaking: Explore the bay’s uninhabited islands and sea caverns in our imported Canadian Seaward kayaks.
• Cooking classes: Learn more about the ingredients and techniques used to create mouthwatering Vietnamese dishes.
• Special events: Traditional dances and musical performances, fashion shows, and other events may be arranged upon request.
• Shuttle Bus or private car: Daily departure at 8:00 – 8:30 am pick up from your hotel in Hanoi.
• Check in time: 12.00 – 12.30
• Check out time: 11:00
• Guide on board: English speaking.
• Embarkation/ Disembarkation: Hoang Gia (Royal) Pie